What is Vinyl?
Vinyl is a synthetic plastic made from ethylene (found in crude oil) and chlorine (found in regular salt). When processed, both the substances are combined to form Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) resin, or as it is commonly known as – Vinyl.
Why Vinyl Flooring?
- it is easy to maintain, repair and clean.
- it is cost effective compared to most types of flooring and is an inexpensive substitute to wood, granite & marble tiles.
- because of its rubber composition and texture, it is very comfortable to walk on.
- it is resistant to moisture and humidity (an important consideration in Singapore's climate).
- It is a very strong and durable plastic material, ideal for heavy usage (retail spaces, often walked corridors).
- Vinyl flooring is environmentally friendly and can be recycled. 57% of vinyl is made from common salt, which is a renewable natural substance, making the product friendly to nature.
Vinyl Wooden Plank
Vinyl wooden plank comes with textured finishings (such as groove lines) that help to enhance the feel of the natural wood. The laying of vinyl wooden plank helps to enhance a sense of cozy ambiance. Its benefits include:
- It is fast to install and can be installed over existing tiles.
- Easy cleaning by mopping.
- Very durable.
- Has the look and feel of real wood at a fraction of the price.
- Slip resistant
- Inexpensive substitute to granites, parquet, marble.
- Comfortable to walk on.
|Laminate Floor||Durable, easy maintenance resembles natural wood.||Surface cannot be sand and refinish, sound of walking can be loud and hollow, difficult to replace.|
|Vinyl Sheet / Tiles / Plank||Durable, wear resistant, comfortable to walk on, easy maintenance, less expensive than most flooring choices, easy to replace.||Color can fade if exposed to too much sunlight, imprints may suface if subfloor is uneven. Vinyl Sheet wastage can be high due to the dimension of the sheet.|
|Click Vinyl Plank||Durable, wear resistant, water resistant, can be layed over most cement screed without need of self leveling.||Difficult to replace, color can fade if exposed to too much sunlight.|
|Parquet||Wear resistant, long lasting, surface can be repaired.||Vulnerable to moisture, can shrink/expand due to climate creating gaps, difficult to replace.|
|Stone / Ceramic Tiles||Very durable, timeless and classic design.||Difficult to repair, higher cost, cold to feet.|
|Carpet||Soft, Quiet and Warm Underfoot, easy to replace.||Can stain, musky smell if not shampooed, cheap carpets flattens easily.|
Properties|Specjal 43 SVinyl Sheet|Rekord 42 Vinyl Sheet|Centra 43 Vinyl Sheet
Warranty|5 years|10 years|10 years
Width per Roll|2m|2m|2m
Length per Roll|20m|20m|20m
Anti-Static|<2KV|<2KV|<2KV Static Dissipative|NIL|NIL|Yes (<1e9ohms) Fire Resistance|Bfl-s1|Bfl-s1|Bfl-s1 Slip Resistance|Class DS|Class DS|Class DS / R11 Anti-Bacterial|Yes|Yes|Yes [/table]
Square feet (ft²) to Square meter (m²) = /10.764
Square meter (m²) to Square feet (ft²) = x 10.764
1 Square feet (ft²) = 0.093 m²
1 Square meter (m²) = 10.764 ft²
Feet (ft) to Meter (m) = /3.281
Meter (m) to Feet (ft) = x 3.281
1 feet (ft) = 0.3048 m
1 meter (m) = 3.281 ft